4.02.2012

Little Boy


Little Boy,
These past 7 months have been an adventure. Never could I have imagined loving another little person as much as I loved your sister. Amazingly, God makes our hearts big enough to love over and over again. I fell in love with you the first time I saw your little heart beat on the ultrasound but months later, this is a new kind of love.

I love your smile and your laugh, especially when you see your sister do something so silly. I love your chubby baby cheeks and baby toes.  I love that little place in your baby neck that smells just like a newborn. I love the way your head fits on my shoulder when you are tired. I love the way you grab your toes, I love you , I love you, I love you.

Although sleepless nights have plagued us since the beginning and through tired eyes we have stayed up way past everyone else’s bedtime, I would do it all over again and again.  You are the perfect addition to our little family.  Thank you for your patience as I try to parent two little people with such different personalities, thank you for your forgiveness as I try to remember this stage in babyhood, and thank you for letting me love you so much!

love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. It's so surreal to see Olivia so big now, I remember when she was born. Glad the family is happy, you are always in my thoughts x

    ReplyDelete