4.13.2011

Olive and Gertie

A couple of days ago, while olive, Desiree, and I were on a walk, we saw an older lady start walking towards us. I continued the conversation me and Desiree were having until she approached us. She asked us if we had lost a bunny, a stuffed one, but I didn't find that out until a bit later. She said they had found the bunny in the rain and had put a sign hoping the owner would see it. So she walks us toward the sign and we see the cutest pink bunny tied to the sign. So began olivia's love with Gertie the bunny. She reached for the bunny and the lady handed her over. She told us how she and her roommate had seen the bunny and put it in the washer hoping the owner would come. No one ever claimed the bunny so they decided to give it to olive. How sweet!

Well Olive and Gertie have been inseparable. She sleeps with her and plays with her and all around loves her. When asked "where is Gertie" she takes you to her room where she points at Gertie through the bars of her crib. I will one day post a picture of Olive and Gertie. I am glad she was given to Olive because she gives Gertie the love and attention she deserves. We plan to send the nice ladies a pic of the duo together..in case anyone is wondering how Gertie got her name, here it is: the ladies names were Rosie and Gertrude. So we combined the names and came up with Gertie, such a big name for such a little rabbit.

2 comments:

  1. Yay your first post! :)

    Aww, I bet Olivia looks so cute with the bunny. I'm going to tell Abe about her new pet (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..i am excited for the first post. thanks so much for helping me

    ReplyDelete